If you are in western Manitoba and would like to catch some quality CPD while enjoying the scenic Elkhorn Resort – then the Brandon Primary Care Spring Conference is for you!
Shout out to Dr. Alex Singer who is presenting Practice Improvement Essentials, Part 1. If you missed it at the ASA this month, then try to catch this workshop in at the Brandon Primary Care Conference. See the attached for more information.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
|Skills Workshops – Friday May 10
- Practice Improvement Essentials Part 1 – Dr. Alex Singer
Practice Improvement can be challenging for family physicians given the competing
demands in primary care to “improve how the work is done”. To help family physicians improve the care we provide by harnessing quality improvement (QI) methods, data readiness and to nurture a culture of curiosity, the CFPC has developed the Practice Improvement Initiative (Pii).
- IUD Insertion – Dr. Alaa Awadalla
Learn appropriate indication(s) for each type of IUD, including patient factors to explore before recommending an IUD and appropriate IUD insertion techniques, including strategies for managing difficult insertions.
Please note – registration for Skills Workshops closes April 26
Session Topics – Saturday May 11
- Common Hand Conditions – Krista Paulson
- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding – Dr. Alaa Awadalla
- Cannabis Toxicity – Dr. Ginette Poulin
- Syphilis Outbreak – Dr. Pierre Plourde
- TB Update – Dr. Pierre Plourde
- Hematology Update and Anticoagulants – Dr. Ryan Zarychanski
- Advances in Adult ADHD – Dr. Simon Trepel
- Updates in Nephrology for the Primary Care Provider – Dr. Sushil Ratnaparkhe
- Advances in Major Depressive Disorder and Anxiety Management – Dr. Keith Jenkins
Full printable agenda is available here.
To receive the University of Manitoba room booking rate, use Promo Code U0M19
Elkhorn Resort Spa & Conference Centre: 1-866-355-4676. Please state you are with the Brandon Primary Care Spring Conference
|Office of Continuing Competency and Assessment
Rady Faculty of Health Sciences | University of Manitoba
204.789.3660 | [email protected]