GOAL #1: Advocate for role of FPs to all Stakeholders
- Promote role of MCFP to FP’s Public and policy makers will recognize MCFP as the voice of FP’s
- Regular involvement of MCFP at the leadership level in planning/policy with gov’t, RHA’s, etc.
- To promote the role of FPs to physicians, public and allied health
GOAL #2: Advocate for PMH for all Manitobans
- Bring FP leadership to RHA level to ensure adequate funding for medical home model.
- Promote Medical Home model.
- Establish formal relationships with politicians / govt. for the purpose of promoting the place family medicine has in the system and the Medical Home.
GOAL #3: Engage and Mobilize Members and Patients/Public
**Addition of Patients/Public since 2012 Strategic Plan
GOAL #4: Education and Research
Increase Involvement of Community–Based Family Physicians in continuum of Education and Research
**Addition of Research to goal from 2012
- Support and collaborate with U of M Department of Family Medicineinengaging community-based FPs as teachers
- Improve the facilitation of lifelong learning through continuing professionaldevelopment
- Provide an information source for available CPD-Collaborate with U of M CPD departments-Increase capacity and participation of members in regard to CQI andResearch
GOAL #5: Collaboration with other organizations
GOAL #6: Social Accountability, Advocacy and Equity
- Introduce utilization of Social Justice lens to MCFP Board Meetings
- Increase literacy and awarenessof members regarding Social Accountability
- Develop CPD sessions at MCFP regarding Social Accountability