Advocate for role of FP’s to all Stakeholders
- Promote role of MCFP to FP’s Public and policy makers will recognize MCFP as the voice of FP’s
- Regular involvement of MCFP at the leadership level in planning/policy with gov’t, RHA’s, etc.
- To promote the role of FP’s to physicians, public and allied health
Advocate for PMH for all Manitobans
- Bring FP leadership to RHA level to ensure adequate funding for medical home model.
- Promote Medical Home model.
- Establish formal relationships with politicians / govt. for the purpose of promoting the place family medicine in the system and the Medical Home.
Engage and Mobilize Members and Patients/Public
**Addition of Patients/Public since 2012 Strategic Plan
Education and Research
Increase Involvement of Community – Based Family Physicians in continuum of Education and Research
**Addition of Research to goal from 2012
- Support and collaborate with U of M Department of Family Medicine in engaging community based FPs as teachers
- Improve the facilitation of life long learning through continuing professional development
- Provide an information source for available CPD
- Collaborate with U of M CPD departments
- Increase capacity and participation of members in regards to CQI and Research
Collaboration with other organizations
Social Accountability, Advocacy and Equity
- Introduce utilization of Social Justice lens to MCFP Board Meetings
- Increase literacy and awareness of members regarding Social Accountability
- Develop CPD sessions at MCFP regarding Social Accountability